This challenge is hosted by Roof Beam Reader. I attempted it in 2018 and didn’t make it, but hope springs eternal.
The rules are pretty simple. Twelve books that have been on your shelf for at least one full year, specified in a master list at the beginning of the year. Two alternates are allowed in case a book or two ends up being just unfinishable. There’s a monthly check-in at Roof Beam Reader on the 15th of each month.
Two books from last year’s list that never got started are on this year’s list. My TBR Pile will not defeat me! This is the page that I will update with links to the reviews.
- Sherlock Holmes of Baker Street by William S. Baring-Gould
- In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume
- The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter
- Flight of Dreams by Ariel Lawhon
- Even the Terrible Things Seem Beautiful to Me Now: The Best of Mary Schmich
- Girl Waits with Gun (Kopp Sisters, #1) by Amy Stewart
- Feminist Fairytales by Barbara G. Walker
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West
- The Other Daughter by Lauren Willig
- Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson
- The Stone Gods by Jeanette Winterson
- Weight: The Myth of Atlas and Heracles by Jeanette Winterson
- Orfeo by Richard Powers
- Allegiance by Kermit Roosevelt III